Get the Most Out of The Grill!
With fall quickly approaching, there is little time left to get outside and cook a nice dinner on the grill. Here is a recipe that should be a favorite for the whole family.
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Ground Black Pepper
- One tsp. Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- Four boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Three tomatoes chopped
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- One tbsp. freshly chopped basil
- Four slices of mozzarella
- Freshly grated Parmesan for serving
- In a small bowl, combine oil, half the lemon juice, one teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and Italian seasoning/oregano. Whisk to combine. Transfer to a large re-sealable bag along with the chicken. Seal and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high, then adds the chicken. Discard excess marinade. Grill until charred and thoroughly cooked. Typically, 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine tomatoes, garlic, basil, and remaining lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. While chicken is still on the grill, top each breast with one slice of mozzarella and cover until cheese is melted (2 to 3 minutes). Then top the chicken with tomato mixture.
Garnish with Parmesan, and serve!