7 Easy Self Isolation Kitchen DIY Projects
As we spend more and more time at home, it’s easy to start to get sick of your surroundings. If you are starting to feel a little stir crazy, we have some ideas for you. Use this time to be productive! You have the time, so why not tackle some home improvement projects.
We are probably all spending a little too much time in the kitchen these days. If you are ready to enhance your surroundings or just want to accomplish some projects, here are a few easy kitchen DIYs to occupy some of your time.
- Update Your Window Treatments : Trends are changing – and that includes window treatments. Gone are the days of curtains and window coverings. This one is easy. Just take them down to make your window the focal point and give your kitchen a modern look.
- Cabinet Update: Buying new cabinets can be very expensive, and there are not many places that are going to be doing installs during this time. If you want to change up the look of your kitchen, consider painting your cabinets. Typically it is not the functionality that people want to change here, just how they look. White can make the kitchen feel much more open and airy.
- Backsplash Revamp: This is a great project to spend a day or two doing during quarantine. It can be hard to find the time normally, so think about tackling this now. Choose a fun design or print to add to your kitchen to spice it up.
- Repaint : Paint is one of the easiest ways to update any space. In your garage you will probably find a few gallons of paint that you can choose from. Other paint stores in your area may be doing call ahead pick up – check online!
- Pantry Organization: Since we are stocking up on many items that live in the pantry, it may be a good time to get it organized. Start by clearing out all of the items and sorting them into groups. You then have to decide what way you wish to organize. You can use baskets, clear trays, or even a combination of both. You can even take it a step further by labeling the baskets so that you never have to dig for something.
We are all looking for ways to stay busy, and these are just a few ideas! Let us know if you do any of these or if you want any more options.