Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
Summer is in full swing, and that means the zucchini are coming. Shredding zucchini for use in muffins and quick-breads is a great way to use them up, and add a healthy twist to a great snack.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 chopped walnuts or other nuts or dried fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, mix the egg, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined.
- Fold in zucchini, chocolate chits, and nuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.